With every day that passes, we grow further away from the days of bottles, swaddling, and midnight feedings. And I'll admit it, some days I get sad that all the baby days are over, really sad. I mean who doesn't love tiny wrinkly baby feet?!?! It's weird to know that chapter in our lives is over.
Veteran moms are always telling new moms to savor every single moment, even the bad ones, because they are all too fleeting. And I stand behind this statement 1000%. I could talk for days about all the precious moments, all the sweet little things I miss about having a snuggly little newborn. How I do mourn those days a little.
But if we can honest here, there are a few things I won't miss about the baby stage. I loved every single thing about my sweet babes, but there were a few things I just didn't like.
- Never sleeping. I loooove my sleep with a passion, so me and the two hour wake-ups every night for months and months just did not get along.
- Pumping. Hated every.single.second. I felt like a cow the whole time; there's just no getting around it.
- Diaper blowouts
- Washing bottles 1000x per day, all of them containing at least 10 different pieces
- Lugging around a giant diaper bag filled with enough clothes and diapers to last at least a month
- The infant car seat. Sure it is a lifesaver when you have to transport a sleeping infant inside the house, but it was just so damn awkward and heavy!
- Buying formula
- Baby spit-up everywhere
- Bibs and burp cloths. Useful? Yes. But really just another thing to wash and remember to put in the diaper bag.
- Breast pads and leaky boobs.
- Attempting to dress my funky post-partum body.
- Trying to clip teeny tiny baby nails.
What are the things you don't miss about the newborn stage?